Fundraising & Strategic Partnership Intern
Are you a curious and passionate idealist that would like to contribute to promoting and defending human rights? And would you like to gain experience in non-profit fundraising and development? Then this might be a great opportunity for you!
Justice & Peace Netherlands is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from individuals who may bring diversity to our team.
To support our Communications and Fundraising team we are looking for:
Fundraising & Strategic Partnerships Intern
32 hours, from mid-January to mid-July(6 months)
At Justice & Peace, we envision a world where everyone, everywhere can enjoy their human rights. We believe in the power of local solutions to address global challenges and the dialogue between these. We, therefore, work to build and empower local communities of change makers globally who work together for just and peaceful societies. We do this by supporting local change makers who encompass a range of spaces and advocate for different categories of human rights and causes, whether as an individual or collectively.
Our Communications and Fundraising team focuses on building strategic relationships with organisations, individuals, and institutions. As a Fundraising and Strategic Partnerships Intern, you will work alongside our fundraising team to build partnerships with institutional, individual, and corporate stakeholders. You will also apply your analytical skills and innovative ideas to provide input on the context in which our human rights work takes place, and to help create strategies on how to engage potential supporters in our work.
- You will be responsible for funding research and eligibility reviews;
- You will support the team with project development (including proposal writing and providing visual input for project proposals and pitches);
- You will support the team with networking and relationship management with donors/partner organisations (including building and maintaining corporate partnerships and mobilising individual donors);
- You will work with other teams to ensure fundraising and donor compliance priorities are integrated in all programmes;
- You are involved in organisational and programmatic communications meetings to ensure consistency in communications for fundraising on different channels (including producing fundraising campaign content and social media advertising during fundraising campaigns);
- You will support the communications and fundraising team, as well as the organisation in general with other tasks as they arise.
We are looking for a candidate with the following competencies:
- You have a strong affinity with civil society, human rights and migration;
- You have an educational background in a discipline related to human rights, international relations, communications, humanities or a field relevant to this position;
- You have excellent oral and written skills in English and at least an intermediate level of proficiency in oral and written skills in Dutch;
- You have excellent research and writing skills, including the creation of social media content;
- You think out-of-the-box, are flexible and can work on multiple deadlines at the same time;
- You are able to work together in a team and independently;
- Experience in fundraising is considered a strong asset;
- You are a result-oriented, proactive, professional, and open minded team player.
Note: Hired individuals might be exposed to trauma-sensitive environments.
What we offer:
- A fee of €444,44 gross per month (based on a working week of 32 hours);
- Full reimbursement of actual travel expenses for daily commute (2nd class public transport);
- A part-time workplace at our office in The Hague city centre;
- A great atmosphere in a small, dedicated and international team, where working hard and having fun go hand-in-hand;
- The opportunity to meet with and learn from international human rights defenders and organisations and institutions working in the field of human rights, human rights defenders, development, and migration.
About Justice & Peace
Justice & Peace Netherlands is a human rights NGO based in The Hague that has been working for more than 50 years to promote respect for human rights and social justice, in the Netherlands and internationally. We believe that local change makers are the key to human rights and social justice for everyone, everywhere. To achieve this, we work on pragmatic and result-oriented approaches to fulfil and protect human rights. We believe in innovation and through our initiatives Shelter City, Samen Hier, Artists’ Safe Haven, and Activist Lab, we create new ways to effectively tackled those challenges, ensure positive change as well as sustainability and create real impact.
Are you interested?
Please send a motivation letter and CV by 1 December 2023 to Manja de Graaff, Fundraising Officer: vacature[at]justiceandpeace.nl, citing ‘Fundraising and Strategic Partnerships’. For more information, you can email the above address. Interviews with shortlisted candidates are tentatively scheduled to take place between 5 and 14 December.
Note: Candidates must have legal status allowing you to work in the Netherlands immediately. Justice & Peace is, unfortunately, unable to support you in acquiring this.