Justice and Peace Netherlands (Justitia et Pax Nederland) is a foundation under civil law. It is responsible for finance and personnel, and oversees the preparation and implementation of activities of the organisation.
The foundation has a board consisting of five members, as well as an advisory board (also called the commission for Justice and Peace). The commission is a platform of representatives of Catholic organisations and independent advisors in the field of human rights and social justice.
Members of the board
- Chairman: Jan Henneman, former Ambassador of the Netherlands, side activity: member of the Advisory Board of the Stichting Comenius Museum;
- Treasurer: Herman van der Laan, former Diplomat International Labour Organisation, side activity: President Board VVE-Atlantic House, Rotterdam;
- Vice Chairman: Rien van der Velden, Former advisor Fonds1818, side activity: chairman stichting Het Dak Op Schiedam; secretary stichting MUZIKC Rotterdam; treasurer stichting Vrienden Aktion Sühnezeichen Friendensdienste Nederland (Amsterdam); member of the board Buurtcentrum De Mussen Den Haag;
- Piet Kuijper (Advisor), Former Head of HR Department and Strategic Advisor at Cordaid, side activities: Secretary Board Netwerk DAK; Member Supervisory Board MIVA; Member Board Stichting de KIM;
- Monique Frank (Advisor), former Ambassador of The Netherlands;
- Stephanie Joubert (Advisor), Programme Manager Mensen met een Missie, side activity: none.
Sebastiaan van der Zwaan
Members of the advisory board
- Chairman: Jan Henneman, former Ambassador of the Netherlands;
- Treasurer: Herman van der Laan, former Diplomat International Labour Organisation;
- Vice Chairman: Rien van der Velden, former advisor Fonds1818
- Piet Kuijper, Former Head of HR Department and Strategic Advisor at Cordaid;
- Monique Frank, former Ambassador of the Netherlands;
- Simon Brussel, Financial advisor and organizational strategy
- F. Thoolen (SMA), Missionary at Sociëteit voor Afrikaanse Missiën;
- Yvonne Donders, Head of the Department of International and European Public Law at the University of Amsterdam;
- Fons Coomans, Professor of International and European Law at Maastricht University;
- Stephanie Joubert, Programme Manager Mensen met een Missie;
- Antony Otieno Ong’ayo, Lecturer and researcher at the ISS;
- Jan de Vries, Policy advisor human rights, on personal title;
- Joris van Wijk, Associate Professor Criminal Law & Criminology at VU Amsterdam;