Content creation & Communications Intern
Are you a passionate content creator looking for an internship with social impact? And would you like to contribute to promoting and defending human rights? Then this might be an opportunity for you!
Justice & Peace is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from individuals who may bring diversity to our team
To support our communications, we are looking for a:
Content creation & Cmmunications Intern
32 hours a week
Start date: February 2024
Period: +/- 6 months
Justice & Peace Netherlands is a non-profit organisation in The Hague that is committed to promoting human rights and social justice worldwide and in the Netherlands. To achieve this, we focus on innovative, positive and impactful approaches at the local level. Through our initiatives Shelter City, Samen Hier, Artists’ Safe Haven, and Activist Lab, we create new ways to bring local change makers together and empower them to contribute to sustainable, just, and welcoming societies.
- You will be responsible for creating new content for the online channels of Justice & Peace and its programmes and monitoring performances. This means that you deal with all communications, such as social media posts, e-newsletters, articles and stories, publications, taking photos and videos, and updating the website. You will also schedule posts, update the content strategy, and monitor its performance.
- You will tailor the content to the objectives and various target groups of Justice & Peace and its programmes and ensure that all content is created within the framework of our brands and brand guidelines;
- You will support the organisation of events and campaigns for Justice & Peace and its programmes;
- You are involved in communications meetings of Justice & Peace and its programmes, to ensure consistency in communication through the different channels;
- You are involved in the entire organisation and think along with the communications and fundraising team about possible improvements.
We are looking for candidates with the following competencies and background:
- You are creative and have affinity and demonstrable experience with content creation, including experience with content creation programmes, such as Canva, Adobe Photoshop and video editing tools;
- You have an educational background relating to media/communications (or similar), or a discipline related to (international) human rights and experience with communications;
- You can demonstrate skills in organising events, writing and content creation, such as the creation of engaging social media posts and texts, news articles, photography, video and photo editing. Campaigning experience is beneficial;
- You know how to convert complex messages into understandable and convincing texts for a wider audience via various (online) channels and quickly master the tone of voice of our brands;
- You have excellent English and Dutch language skills (spoken and written);
- You are able to work together in a team and independently;
- You bring energy to the team, you are flexible, can manage your time, and work on multiple deadlines at the same time.
Note: Hired individuals might be exposed to trauma-sensitive environments.
We offer you:
- Internship allowance of €444,44 gross per month (based on 32 hours);
- Full reimbursement of travel allowance (2nd class) up to 100 km from the office;
- A part-time workplace at our great office in The Hague city centre;
- A great atmosphere in a small and dedicated team, where working hard and having fun go hand-in-hand;
- The opportunity to learn more about human rights, human rights defenders, and migration, as well as to meet many organisations and institutions working in the field of human rights.
Candidates must have a residency permit, work visa, or be a citizen of a European Union country to be able to work in the Netherlands. Candidates must be able to come to the office in person several days a week and have a suitable remote working arrangement.
Are you interested?
Send a motivation letter (max. 1 A4), your CV, and a portfolio with examples of your design and/or written work to Eleftheria Ntrio, Communications Officer, to vacature[at]justiceandpeace.nl citing ‘Communications Intern’ by 10 December 2023.