Are you a passionate content creator & networker looking for an internship with social impact? And would you like to contribute to promoting and defending human rights? Then this might be a great opportunity for you!
Justice & Peace is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from individuals who may bring diversity to our team.
To support our communications, we are looking for a:
32 hours a week
Start date: as soon as possible
Period: +/- 6 months
Justice & Peace Netherlands is a non-profit organisation in The Hague that is committed to promoting human rights and social justice worldwide and in the Netherlands. To achieve this, we focus on innovative, positive and impactful approaches at the local level. Through our Shelter City and Samen Hier movements, we create new ways to bring local change makers together and empower them to contribute to sustainable, just and welcoming societies.
- You will be responsible for creating new content for the online channels of Justice & Peace and its programmes and monitor performances;
- You will tailor the content to the objectives and various target groups of Justice & Peace and its programmes, and ensure that all content is created within the framework of our brands and brands guidelines;
- You will support the team in the implementation of our press plan. Examples of your work are: you prepare the PR planning and the press releases; you update the press list; you collect and evaluate the press releases about Justice & Peace, Shelter City and Samen Hier and share the results and recommendations with the communications team;
- You will support the organisation of events and campaigns of Justice & Peace and its programmes;
- You are involved in communications meetings of Justice & Peace and its programmes, to ensure consistency in communication through the different channels;
- You are involved in the entire organisation and think along with the communications and fundraising team about possible improvements.
We are looking for candidates with the following competencies and background:
- You are creative and have affinity and demonstrable experience with content creation, including experience with content creation programmes such as Canva, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign (basic level). Experience with filming and editing videos is a plus;
- You have an educational background relating to media/communications (or similar), or a discipline related to (international) human rights and experience with communications;
- You can demonstrate skills in organising events, writing and content creation, such as the creation of engaging social media posts and texts, news articles, photography, video and photo editing, brochures and other print materials, and website editing using WordPress. Campaigning and/or fundraising experience are beneficial;
- You know how to convert complex messages into understandable and convincing texts for a wider audience via various (online) channels and quickly master the tone of voice of our brands;
- You have excellent English and Dutch language skills (spoken and written);
- You are a networker and dare to take initiative;
- You are able to work together in a team and independently;
- You bring energy to the team, you are flexible, can manage your time, and work on multiple deadlines at the same time.
We offer you:
- Internship allowance of €444,44 gross per month (based on 32 hours);
- Full reimbursement of travel allowance (2nd class) up to 100 km from the office;
- A part-time workplace at our great office in The Hague city center;
- A great atmosphere in a small and dedicated team, where working hard and having fun go hand-in-hand;
- The opportunity to learn more about human rights, human rights defenders and migration, and meet many organisations and institutions working in the field of human rights.
Candidates must have a residency permit, work visa, or be a citizen of a European Union country to be able to work in the Netherlands. Candidates must be able to come to the office in-person several days a week and have a suitable remote working arrangement at home.
Are you interested?
Send a motivation letter (max. 1 A4), your CV, and a portfolio/examples of your design/written work to Eleftheria Ntrio, Communications Officer, to email@example.com citing ‘Communications intern’.
This positions is open until filled, interviews will take place on rolling basis. For more information, please contact us.